Learning for Action
Our education department offers courses to help SGEU members carry out their roles in the workplace and within the union. Besides running one-day and four-day union schools, we also offer online tutorials, steward resource information, arbitration awards and award scholarships/bursaries, as well as provide information on other scholarships offered within the greater SGEU.
Education and Publicity Committee
The Education and Publicity Committee (E & P) is a standing committee made up of respresentatives from Provincial Council, each of which are a representative from each of the six SGEU sectors. In addition, there is one representative on the E & P Committee representing the SGEU Human Rights/ Equity Committee.
Education and Publicity Committee's Mandate
- Be responsible for the education of the members in the principles, policies and practices of the union, and shall provide training courses through the Education Officer of SGEU for all elected members.
- Arrange for publicity of union affairs and programs.
- Consult with the Communication Officer in matters of policy and operation of the union publications.
Committee Members Representing the SGEU Sectors:
- Crown Sector: Chris Day (Chairperson)
- Public Service Sector: Bonnie McRae
- Health Sector: Sharri Laczko
- Education Sector: Wanda Weber
- Community Services Sector: Malia Mann
- Retail Regulatory Sector: Kimberley Loughery
- Human Rights/Equity Committee: Maryann Harrison
- SGEU Staff Advisor: Leah Flamont