Bargaining Update - April 1, 2013
The SCIC Negotiating Committee met with the employer on March 28, 2013 at which time the parties exchanged proposals packages.
If you would like a copy of the Unions proposals submitted to management, please email email@example.com with your name, job title and home office.
Further negotiating dates have been set to April 11, 2013.
Although not all-inclusive, the following are some of the management proposals being discussed at the bargaining table:
- Union Office - The employer is proposing to eliminate the on-site union office.
- Staffing - The employer is proposing merit based staffing.
- Probation - Initial probation and subsequent probation language revisions
- Contracting Out – the employer is proposing to eliminate all contracting out language allowing them to contract out as they see fit and for as long as they see fit.
- Temporary Assignment of Higher duties (TAHD) - Employer is proposing to eliminate having to assign TAHD to the senior qualified employee.
- Temporary Reclassifications – the employer is proposing to eliminate language requiring the conversion to a permanent position after 24 months. This will allow them to staff positions as temporary for as long as they like.
- Joint Committees - The employer is proposing to eliminate paying for members of the SCIC Bargaining Unit attending joint committees unless required by legislation. This would result in significant costs to the Bargaining Unit.
- A four-year agreement
- Retroactivity only up to Sept 28, 2013 (6 months to finish negotiations).